Thursday, January 31, 2013

For Love of Books...

I'm a book lover myself so when I came across this one in Solar Channel, I couldn't help but share...

Inquirer Lifestyle mentioned that there is a Republic Act-RA 7743 that provides for the establishment of libraries for barangay, municipal, city and congressional levels but this isn’t being implemented properly. Gunlao says he does what he can.

As for me, I think it's a great way to serve the community but like drinking, sometimes books can also be very addictive. I kinda got into trouble because of my hobby. Hahaha... Looking back, I think that proper timing and introduction of books is important. Knowing personal maturity for a reader is also a must. As I was too hardheaded, I insisted on reading novels that were too mature for me. Later on I realized that it has made me lost a sense of innocence. I hope that in addition to creating more libraries, taking care of what is placed inside our minds, that lead to what can generate our interests, can also be given some importance.

Cheers to these types of people! They allowing us to gain inspirations through what they are doing!! As for those interested, The Reading Club 2000 is located at 1454 Balagtas St., Barangay La Paz, Makati City. Their contact details are 0915-7291526 or one can e-mail them via readingclub2000@yahoo.com*

Fight, Philippines!

Sources:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/21/hernando-guanlao-_n_1902323.html
http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/50687/ex-libris-2

No comments:

Post a Comment